Friday, May 8, 2009

Road Warriors

Now that I am finished with finals, I can finally sit at the computer and update you all.

Last weekend we headed to my sister's new house in metropolis. We had beautiful weather so we spent much of the time in their nice, flat, backyard. The kids had a blast and it was a nice get away for me. It's nice that they are closer, but it's still a long drive. For once, mapquest underestimated the travel time. Granted, I had to stop twice but they were both quick stops. We took a different route home, through Grammy and Papa's house, and it took about the same amount of time and was actually shorter, mileage wise.
Helping with the sandbox.
That's one tough "Cheese" face.
For more pictures from our weekend, check out my sister's post, here.

I finished up my finals yesterday. What a relief! This was probably the toughest semester I have had so far and it feels good to be done with it. I just hope I passed. Hopefully the summer will be a little less busy (hey, I can still dream!)

My FIL went in yesterday for knee surgery and thus far, the farm is still running. The surgery went pretty well. It took longer than typical, but they knew that before they started. We are planning on heading in tonight to see him.

We've had a couple of casualties in our fish tank. We lost a fish the other day and our snail yesterday. Coley thinks it's a blast to flush fish down the toilet. He wanted to go get more and put them in the potty.

I think that about covers it. Hopefully I will be able to update a little more often now that school is done for the summer (yup, still dreaming).

No comments: